We shall be looking at some of the best application to record screen on windows 10 in this article today. It is no more news that people use video recording from the screen regardless of their field of activity.
Most of these people are gamers explaining the passage of a complex game, teachers creating video tutorials, organizers of business training, and so on.
Today we will talk about some applications that record everything that happens on the display, sometimes outside it.
The Best Application to Record Screen on Windows 10
Among the programs presented are completely free, as well as the paid ones.
Debut Video Capture
One of the most popular applications to record screen on windows 10 that captures video from any image source on your computer. The control is very simple, but it uses 3 main buttons – capture, stop, and pause.
Videos are recorded in AVI, MPG, MP4, WEBM, and many others. In the end, they can be immediately emailed or uploaded to an FTP server.
- Ease of management.
- A huge number of formats available for recording.
- Capturing video from a web camera, network IP camera, and other connected recording devices.
- Recording pictures from both the entire screen and a limited area.
- Resizing the created image.
- Adding inscriptions;
- Adjustment of brightness, contrast, and gamma.
- Start of work according to the established schedule.
- No built-in player.
- No Russian language.
- A notification about the purchase of a paid version constantly pops up.
- Not all options are available in the free version.
- Inconvenient preview.
- It is difficult to completely remove all components.
- OBS Studio
The wide functionality of OBS will not allow you to limit yourself when editing. The application is open source and completely free of charge.
Its functionality is close to professional, it will not be difficult to configure it. In it, you can use the set hotkeys for pause/stop, mute, etc. It is one of the best applications to record the screen of windows 10.
- Converting audio files to mp3 format.
- Supports Intel Quick Sync Video technology.
- H264 (x264) and AAC encoding.
- Capture multiple sources at the same time, including streaming or web cameras.
- Adding an unlimited number of scenes and sources.
- High image quality when recording games.
- Convenient filters – colour correction, image gamma.
- Integrated audio mixer with noise suppression or amplification system.
- VST plugin support.
- Sound source selection.
- Live streaming to Twitch, Youtube, Facebook, and other social networks.
- Comfortable control and the presence of a timer.
- Low CPU usage.
- No cursor selection.
- Inability to record from DVD in flv, gif, asf and tga formats.
- Outdated menu design.
- Not supported on Windows XP.
- Lack of possibility of scrapping and glueing.
- Icecream Screen Recorder.
A simple free application to record screen on windows 10 with tons of extra features. It records videos, GIF animations, Skype calls, online broadcasts as well as video games, and all in MKV format.
During recording, the user can turn off or turn on the display of the cursor at will. The interface supports the Russian language, and thanks to intuitive control, even any beginner can handle the setup.
- Capture a limited area of the display.
- Simultaneous registration of a picture from the screen, sound, and web camera.
- Taking a screenshot at any convenient moment.
- Overlay inscriptions and geometric shapes.
- Ability to select the quality of the final video.
- Adding comments, arrows, and pointers.
- Direct uploads to YouTube, Dropbox cloud and Google Drive.
- Zooming in and out of a section of the frame at a certain moment.
- If necessary – an instant image.
- The likelihood of creating individual settings.
- Converting the video format after the end.
- Timer setting.
- Copy to clipboard.
- Some options are only available in the Pro version.
- No support with the DirectX program.
- The maximum length of a video in the light version is limited to 10 minutes.
A great option for creating training and demo videos. The functionality of the application is close to the advanced level.
Its distinctive quality is the direct upload of the received materials to the YouTube service without the possibility of saving it on the hard disk.
- Multifunctional powerful editor.
- Slideshow creation.
- Record and add your voice.
- Express mode for overlaying objects.
- A huge number of different special effects.
- Capturing an audio track from several different sources.
- Shooting the gameplay.
- Selection of the entire screen or a separate part of it.
- Simultaneous registration of actions and voices on the desktop.
- Saving the project when closing the working window.
- Possibility to insert your watermark.
- Inability to save finished processed clips on disk.
- Lack of Russian in the interface.
- The recording is limited to 45 minutes.
- BB FlashBack
With the BB FlashBack application, you can capture video and take a screenshot of both the entire display and a specific area. It supports recording in AVI, MP4 and WMV formats.
While editing, you can add text, insert objects, and even change audio tracks. You can’t go wrong with this application to record screen on windows 10.
- Several versions available – Express, Standard and Pro.
- Excellent structured menu.
- Capture images on a set schedule.
- Editing by frames.
- Adaptation of finished videos for iPhone.
- Convert to GIF animation.
- There is no way to record gameplay.
- In the free option, only screen capture and export of materials are available in two available formats.
The very handy Screencast-O-Matic app helps you create training videos. It has a built-in standard editor that allows you to add sound recorded from a microphone to video.
To use all the functions, you will need to purchase a license. When we talk of paid application to record screen on windows 10, we must mention this.
- Possibility of simultaneous registration of a picture from a web camera and a monitor.
- Fast export to YouTube, Dropbox cloud or Google Drive.
- The function of approaching a certain area when recording.
- You can insert written comments.
- Storing projects in your cloud.
- Quick screenshot.
- Few editing tools.
- The free version can record up to 15 minutes.
- All videos you create are watermarked.
This is one of the most popular application to record screen on windows 10. It is the simplest screen capture software and perfect for recording the passage of games without losing quality.
It has no editor or tools for overlaying objects. But with the main task – capturing video from any resource without distortion – it copes perfectly well.
- Registering videos even in heavy 3D video games without losing FPS.
- 4K support.
- Signal processing with DirectX and OpenGL.
- Recording control using hotkeys.
- Display of the real value of the frame rate directly on the display.
- Built-in utility for taking screenshots.
- Doesn’t consume a lot of memory when working.
- Lack of an integrated editor.
- Applying a watermark after shooting in the free version.
- Limiting the recording time in the light version up to 10 minutes.
An advanced program for recording videos and screenshots in games. The final document can be quickly edited, even add text comments and effects, and replace the audio track.
The image is captured from any available source, whether it is scrolling the feed in a browser or playing through a complex video game.
- A large set of clipart.
- Hotkey management.
- Quick screenshots.
- Uploading finished videos to Facebook and YouTube.
- Built-in tips for beginners.
- Capture only a specified area of the screen.
- Filming from a web camera.
- The large watermark in the free version.
- Limiting FPS and user resolution in the light version.
- iSpring Free Cam
ISpring Free Cam prioritizes cursor movement and mouse clicks. It is not only free but also does not require any registration.
- Free service.
- Capture both a specific area and the entire image on the display.
- Fast posting of finished material to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.
- Integrated audio editor.
- Support for recording an audio track from external devices.
- Recording in only one format – WMV.
- Difficulties in supporting DirectX.
- Losses in frame rate are possible.
A distinctive advantage of the HyperCam application is the minimum load on the processor and RAM. With its help, you can not only record videos and create screenshots, but also compress the picture, as well as cut out unnecessary ones. If necessary, you can pause the registration and then resume it again.
- Command-line availability.
- Adding text comments.
- Publishing materials on popular hosting and social networks, including YouTube.
- Low system requirements.
- Built-in file manager.
- Capture video calls Skype, Viber, Telegram.
- High quality of the received materials.
- Audio Video Interleave support.
- Capture the mouse cursor.
- Screen Saves to create screenshots.
- It is possible to compress the captured audio and video from movies and games.
- Saving files to hard disk.
- An inconvenient menu for beginners, moreover, only in English;
- The maximum size of the selected area is 1024×768;
- Record video files with watermarks.
Snagit is one of the most advanced and powerful applications. Using the built-in tools, you can take a screenshot of the entire screen, a specific area or a scrollable window.
It is supported in any operating system and works not only with photos but also with video cameras.
- Captures any pages in one image, even those that require scrolling.
- A large number of filters, adding labels and the ability to overlay other images.
- The ability to use hotkeys and a timer.
- Sending finished images to social networks.
- Capturing pictures from applications using Direct 3D, Direct, DirectDraw services.
- Capture an image in case the usual Ctrl + C combination does not work.
- Requires a lot of hard disk space;
We have been able to recommend 11 applications to record the screen on windows 10 in this article today. You can as well share them with your colleagues who might want one of these screen recorders. Thanks.