You will learn how to fix a hacked Android phone in this article today.
Well, the issue of android phones being hacked is one that cannot be joked with. Yes nobody can be comfortable with the fact that their phones were hacked except the phone has no vital information. I doubt if there are any such.
Some of the activities that most phone hackers engage themselves with include; monitoring your calls, messages, and emails, tracking your credit card details, getting access to your social media accounts, and so many other illegitimate activities.
Whether you feel your phone has just been hacked or a colleague or yours complained to you.
I know the thought that will be roaming your mind is ‘how do I unhack my phone’
Anyway, you should be glad that you found yourself on this page today because you will know how to fix a hacked android phone, how to tell if your Android is hacked, how to protect your phone from being hacked and so many others.
So, ensure you sit back, grab a cup of coffee juice, and watch us as we unhack your Android phone with this article.
How to Tell if Your Android is Hacked
Before we teach you how to fix a hacked Android phone, you must be sure that your phone has been hacked so that you don’t end up going through unnecessary stress.
So before you can conclude that your phone was hacked, you must see the following signs that we will discuss below;
Spotting Unknown Applications
Well, if you are a type who operates his/her regularly, then identifying unknown apps on your phone shouldn’t be a difficult task.
By the way, the fastest way to identify this is by checking your app data usage. Follow the steps below to do this;
- Locate your phone settings
- Navigate to your phone applications
- Scroll through the running apps
- If you spot any unknown app, tap on it, disable it and uninstall.
- Navigate the all app section and do the same thing.
When You Start Receiving Debit Alerts Frequently
This is a great indicator that someone has gained access to your credit/debit card details.
Meanwhile, you must first confirm that you were not the one that made these transactions in the past. Also confirm that you have not given anybody your credit card.
Having confirmed this, then there is a high probability that your phone has been hacked. So the first thing to do is to report the case to your bank. They will block the card for you.
3. Unusual Battery Drainage
When your battery starts draining faster than normal, then there is a high probability that there are some underground apps running without your permission.
However, ensure you confirm that your battery is fine before considering this. While that is, noted you can go ahead to your phone settings > apps to know what could be running beneath. So do not hesitate to to get rid of them
4. Automatic Calls/Text
A good sign that your phone has been hacked is when you discover that some calls and messages were sent without your consent.
The same is applied to when you receive some suspicious calls/texts on your phone. The easiest way to identify this is by checking your call logs and message box
Meanwhile, you must first confirm that this phone has not been used by any of your relatives or colleagues.
Immediately this is established, you can go ahead to change all passwords online. This should include your emails, social media, and other accounts that you must have logged in with your phone.
Note that the changing of these passwords shouldn’t be done with the suspected hacked phone because the hacker might be aware of the changes.
So, ensure that you do the changes with another phone or system.
5. The decline in Phone Performance
Immediately you notice a sudden decline in your phone performance like slowness, hanging, lagging, and other unusual issues, then something is wrong somewhere.
This could mean that two or more persons are operating the same phone at different locations because it will slow down the phone functionality.
So in that case, the best thing to do is to spot unknown apps like we have discussed earlier and uninstalled them as we discussed earlier.
- Unwanted Pop-Ups – This is arguably the least sign that your phone has been hacked because unwanted pop-ups could be a result of subscribing to some notifications unknowingly when browsing the internet.
In this case, you should go to your phone browser settings to unsubscribe from these notifications.
Aside from that, it might be that your phone has been infected with a virus by the hacker.
So ahead to get a trusted antivirus to scan your phone. If there are any viruses present, ensure that you remove them.
How to Fix a Hacked Android Phone
Here come the steps to unhack your android phone. This is after you must have established whether your android phone has been hacked using the signs that we discussed earlier.
You can now proceed with these steps below to fix a hacked Android phone.
- Uninstall all the unknown and unwanted apps by locating your phone settings > app settings.
- Install the latest antivirus on your phone and then proceed to scan and delete the viruses.
- Navigate to your phone browser settings to unsubscribe from all the spam notifications.
- Monitor your call log and messages regularly.
- Check your phone application data usage and uninstall the useless ones.
- Monitor the kind of websites that you register online.
Ensure these websites have SSL certificates where finding a padlock at the URL bar is a good indicator.
So never input your personal details like credit cards and the rest on such websites.
- Disable application from unknown sources – Once this feature is enabled on your Android phone, it will stop all the unauthorized applications from getting into your phone.
So the easy way to do this is by following the steps below;
- Go to your phone settings
- Navigate the advanced settings and choose the developer option.
- Locate the unknown sources and disable apps from unknown sources.
- Clear your phone cache – After you must have tried everything that we recommended above and no improvement was observed, then you should consider clearing your phone cache. The steps below should guide you;
- Switch off your mobile phone
- Boot it by pressing the power button and the volume up button together.
- Your phone should come into a recovery mode.
- Use your volume button to navigate to the clear device cache option.
- After the process is completed, your phone should reboot.
- Restore your phone factory settings – Wait don’t do this yet! Ensure you back up to phone files and data safely because, after the factory reset, your phone will be good as a new phone.
At this point, all the damages that the hacker must have caused would be reset.
So follow the steps below to get started.
- Ensure that your phone is switched off
- Press the phone power buttons and the volume up concurrently.
- Your phone would be in a recovery mode.
- Navigate to the clear all user data option using the volume button
- Select clear all user data
- Your phone will reboot and return to factory settings.
Read Also: 5 BEST PHONES FOR REALTORS 2020
Having done everything that we have discussed above and you realize that there was no development. Then you should look for a cyber expert to get your hacked android phone.
Who Could Have Hacked Your Android Phone
Hacking is not something that is done automatically.
Yes someone is behind your phone being hacked but who could be that be? Let’s find out in this section.
- It could be someone close to you – Yes, your colleagues, relatives, or friends should be your number one suspect.
Meanwhile, you don’t need to bother anyone because all you have to do is to give your phone optimum security.
Change your device passwords and allow two-step verification for your social media accounts.
- It could be from hackers – There are professional hackers and the learners too.
All these people are trained to gain access to people’s devices without their consent.
So you should be careful with the kind of websites that you submit your information to when surfing the web.
Conclusion – How to Fix a Hacked Android Phone
I hope you were able to get all the information that you need on how to fix a hacked Android phone.
Like I said earlier, you should take action as fast as you can whenever you have confirmed that your android phone has been hacked.
I believe that the steps that we have given to you in this article should be of great help.
So ensure you replicate the assistant by using the social share button to share this with your colleagues. They might also need to know how to fix a hacked Android phone.
Don’t forget to drop your comments in the comment section below. Probably share your recent experience so that we see how we help you. Thanks.